Wednesday 1 May 2013

ScotRail Should Wear a Mask and a Striped Jumper!

Yesterday was a LOOOOONGGGG day. No, seriously.

I was bang on with my prediction in my "Last Minute Joe" blog the other day. My uni assignment was painful and tedious and took me near enough 12 hours of non-stop panic and stress. Submission day is always like this, but because I was working I never started until 7pm the night before, finishing at 7.30am, 3 hours before hand in time!

Want to know the worst part of it though? It wasn't the 12 hours doing it, but the aftermath. Obviously I was up around 7Am the day before to go to work, so I managed to be up for 24 hours with no sleep just as I finished, then I had to go in to uni and hand it in at 11am. I had, stupidly, agreed the week before to go out with some of the uni lads (Noel Gallagher, Predator and the new inductee, the waterfront!) after hand in as a celebration, not realising I would be knackered. So, basically, I couldn't say no and ended up drinking from about 2, ended up in Glasgow, went for food at CBK (China Buffet King) before heading to Nico's on Sauchiehall Street (one of my favourite bars in Glasgow). Watched the first half of the Champion's League Secong leg Semi-Final Real madrid v Borussia Dortmund. This was me now with no sleep going on 38 hours! I could'nt keep my eyes open.

I bailed. Good thing I did because I managed to fall asleep as soon as I got on the train. I mean 'fall' asleep, I literally collapsed. haha!

So, want some advice? 1st. Don't leave a uni assignment to such a late time (last day is fine, but not last 'night'). 2nd. Don't drink when tired, such a bad mix.


Quick Note: ScotRail are a joke! £4.70 to get up to Glasgow from Paisley at off-peak time! No wonder I never use the train these days, driving is bloody cheaper! Got robbed, almost died when the ticket booth woman said £4.70, "WHAT!!!?". Sort it out ScotRail, we all know your profit margins are huge, get a grip!




Thanks folks




G x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello, below!