Sunday 5 May 2013

Rollercoaster Gillette Soccer Saturday! (4th May 2013)


Saturday is football day. Other than going to watch the teams we all love and support we have the alternative of Gillette Soccer Saturday on Sky Sports (if you pay for it that is sorry). In general, the show doesn't have much meaning, that is until you have a coupon / punt on at the bookies. I love a weekend punt on the football. £2-£5 bets here and there, nothing too serious. A coupon has to be worth some value though, I try to tell others, you wont get the same buzz or thrill in a coupon thats worth £20, but go after the hundreds. Even go for the always enjoyable 20p crazy bets that come in at the thousands, might as well eh?


Now, why am I mentioning this now? Well to this point, bets wise, I've had a pretty succesful week, in my terms that is haha. I changed to PaddyPower instead of WilliamHill this week, mainly because the free match bet that they offered, which I think is £50, ie, you deposit £50 and bet it, they will give you £50 back as a free bet (Win or lose). So, I felt like a bit of fun, a bit of a risk, so I stuck £50 on Barcelona to Beat Bayern Munich in the 2nd leg of the Champions League Semi-Final at the Nou Camp. I then used the free bet of £50 (which is credited to you straight away, which is great unlike Willy Hill) on Bayern Munich to win. In the end if you didn't already know, Bayern won and I ended up cashing in £120, which is great considering my luck!


(Click to enlarge images, my bets)
 

Since that night (Wednesday?) I've taken £100 out and banked and turned £20 into a further £150! It's been one rollercoaster ride though! I crazily used the £20 on an in-play bet on Mexican, Coloumbian and Chilean games, teams I've never even heard of in my life! I bet through in-play (the games were at the 75-80mins stage) and I backed about 5 teams at £20 for £46. 4 cam ein and 1 was still running 'Jaguares vs Pachucha', I had Jaguares as they were 1-0 to the good with 10mins left, it then went 1-1, and I thought "here we go again", this is the kind of luck I've had for months now, last minute equalisers have been killing me for ages! So I watch the muntes go by 88,89,90,91 and then 92 and it goes 2-1 Jaguares! I was absolutely buzzing, a bit of luck coming in for me, great times! Then I went to sleep haha, long journey.

More on Soccer Saturday though, what a weekend, and its only been Saturday. We had the twists and turns of the championship today and I was glued to it. Every goal that flew in was causign mayhem in the league standings. Final day is always tense, so much drama, but there were sooooo many clubs in the mix on the final day. I remember shouting "Palace, Palace, Palace!" in an English accent (the joy was more coupon related) the emotion had got to us, I felt liek an actual fan, the game ended 3-2 after being 1-0 down 1-1 etc etc, last minute goals for Palace secured a playoff spot for the premiership. Then the Hull City v Watford saga. Hull lost a penalty to Cardiff in the final minutes and it ended 2-2, all Watford had to do was win their game vs Leeds United to clinch 2nd place and the all important automatic promotion spot to the high life of the premiership! The Watford game was abotu 15minutes behind the hull game, they pushed and pushed (with only 10men too) before Leeds hit them on the counter, Ross McCormack chipping the keeper from range, the keeper managed to spill it into hsi net. Saga over, Hull go up. Now personally I would rather Watford went up, they deserved it, better goal difference and they were up in that area all season, Hull cam eout of the blue to be honest, plus I think they are quite a depressing side to watch, like Wigan and Stoke :/

But yeah, what a rollercoast soccer saturday on Sky Sports we had. The covergae as always was excellent, the coupons to hand may have gone bust, but what a day, I felt exhausted after it, I can only imagine how the supporters felt! The premiership just can't compete with that I'm afraid, lower leagues are more exciting, always have been, always will be!


I know this post is different form my usual posts, so sorry for that, I know it might not be interesting if you don't like the footy! Sorry, its a one off.

P.s I don't promote gambling, but if you do it or will do it soon, don't go crazy with stakes and try not to get too involved in it haha, or you;ll turn into a MORE derranged version of me and believe me , you don't want that! Haha

(Unbelievable Jeff! Soccer Saturday's MAIN man!)
 



Thanks folks





G x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello, below!