Friday 26 April 2013

Where have all the Staples Gone?

Today's been a GREAT day! I know what your thinking, "no way! Grant's not moaning about something. What!?", but today was full of good news for me today!

Started off hunting for the Real Radio Renegade! Scottish Radio Station's Renegade was out, and Noel Gallagher, the whaler and myself were on the look out, £1000 at stake, why wouldn't we look about, we thought he was in Paisley (near our University) but he ended up in Dunfermline (Over 2 hours away!) Haha!

So thanks to this, I was 10mins late to my 9am lecture! Walked in to the class, everybody is quiet all writing on pieces of paper, I thought straight away something was up. Normally I avoid the glance from my lecturer for being late, but I couldn't here, he came straight up to me in a mood and handed me a module review survey! Haha, his face and mine! Anyway, left the lecture upbeat knowing what lies ahead for the exam in May and went to the labs in the university campus to put together and complete the Social Marketing group report due for Friday 26th (Today). Had a bit of banter with DJ Nick and the whaler, Noel Gallagher made a cameo appearance. Smashed the report together in a matter of hours, submitted to the plagiarism checker site Turnitin UK. Then to make the day even better, I managed to get the whaler and Noel to come out for lunch at KFC, unheard of in these parts! Haha. Chicken and banter, where nicknames for the blog were finalised (Noel and the whaler etc :) )

Went home to find I had been awarded 67% (a solid B1) grade for a previous group report, great result! This ties in with 90% for a class test, which I was awarded on Tuesday. All in all, its been a good wek for the efforts I've been putting in at university this trimester. Then I checked the submitted report from earlier to get the originality mark, "4% similarity", this is a great score, so I know I referenced the report properly, happy Grant!

Since then, I've sat happily watching TV and videos, currently sitting with NFL Game Pass hooked up to the TV while I right this blog! Got to keep updated with the NFL Draft 2013! 1st Pick this year has to be an O-Lineman!

Although one panic moment! Report is due tomorrow, I printed it all off after cutting down on word count, found 2 staplers, but NOT ONE STAPLE!


Absolute panic, needed to staple the report together, a feeling of closure would be brought from this! I wanted a staple badly! Hunted through drawers and boxes, no sign! :(

Made the informed decision to drive out to ASDA Linwood, drove miles wasted petrol, just to get a STAPLE, I must be obsessed! Haha, job done but and now a HAPPY GRANT!


P.s. Staples are poor quality and now the report has numerous holes punched through it where failed stapleage attempts remain! :( oh dear


(Thanks Scott and Iain, the whaler and Noel G!)



Thanks folks



G x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello, below!