Saturday 27 April 2013

Apples But No Pears! (Snapchat)

A late entry for today, Now 4.59AM here in Scotland!

Today (Well yesterday, Friday), I finally succumbed to peer pressure by downloading the Google play store app 'Snapchat'. I've been hearing good things about the app for a few weeks, but I've never taken notice until today. I have to say, I'm addicted. Not 'Candy Crush Saga' addicted, but still enough to call it obsession, going on the constant checking of my phone for updates of all my 'snapchat' conversations.

(Snapchat Username: gf92)
 

No idea what it is? 'Snapchat' is an application, I have it through Google's Play Store for Android (For my HTC Desire S). Its a free to download app that lets you send messages to contacts in the form of pictures/photos/SNAPSHOTS. Best thing is, its free to send, no more paying for Multimedia text messages (MMS)! The app works like this, you take a picture/snap, you can draw on the picture or have a word text message to go with it (if you want either) and then you send it to one of your 'Snapchat' contacts. The unique thing about 'Snapchat' is that when you send an image, you can set a timer for its availability, for example I would send a snap for 4 seconds, the recipient only has 4 seconds of viewing time, after which, they can't view the snap again, unless I resent it. The app is good for a bit of banter, I've had a good laugh with it today with getting most of my family involved in back and forth snapchat convo's. The app is pretty user-friendly and it doesn't take long to understand whats going. It is as an app, gaining a lot of momentum and take up in general for it is still on the rise, so I suggest you get involved! Controversially, I've read and heard about other uses for the app, with the timer/can't see twice feature, some people are using this to their full advantage (Adult Explicit!) Haha. All in all, its a good wee app thats free!

Today, I've managed to get a good of mine to sign up for it as well, Iain didn't disappoint. Had a great laugh with his family and mine getting involved, in a sort of 'Snapchat "Top Trumps". Started off with Iain sending a snap of his brother and him, to which I got my dad involved for the reply, proudly firing thhe 'V' signs back at the duo! Next thing I know, Iain's only gone and got his mum AND dad involved. GAME ON I thought. Suddenly, my two sisters want in, so 'Top Trumps' 4 plays 3! Not only was it 4 people, but it was 4 fruit flies! This reference will be clear in a moment! But, to be fair to our opposing family, the reply killed us, Iain's mum sitting in a christmas sled with his dad wearing a goofy hat! These are the times you wish you COULD save the images you get through snapchat, moments liek that are hard to repeat!

Fair play to them, trumped us with that one!

Although, did manage to catch those fruit flies later on:

 
(Dad, Vhairi, Julie and Me!) = The Fruit Flies

Get you 5-a-day!
 
 
Oh, my snapchat username is "gf92", give me an add! 



Thanks folks!



G x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello, below!